Oh my yum! These were so good and so easy to make. All you need is a can of mandarin oranges (or fresh ones if you’re fancy like that) and some standard kitchen staples to bring these super soft citrus studded muffins to your table.
Aren’t they beautiful?
Drain the oranges and shred them with your fingers before adding into the batter.
- 1 15 oz. can of mandarin orange slices, drained
- 1 medium egg, slightly beaten
- 1 ½ cup of flour
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of butter
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of allspice
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Sift the flour with all of the other dry ingredients
- Add the butter
- Mix together the beaten egg and the milk, then add to dry ingredients and mix until just moistened
- Fold in the mandarin orange pieces
- Fill greased muffin tins about three-quarters full
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Serve as desired
Notes: If you decide to use fresh oranges, you’ll want to use about 10 oz.
Let me know if you make these muffins and what you thought about them! I’d love to hear from you!
And you know I had a playlist!